Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ventuno -Italian@Numazu- Izu Gourmet Guide

Ventuno is an Italian restaurant in a building that looks a bit like a country cottage near Numazu City Hall. I went to Ventuno because of its good reputation and looked forward to going there.

I went Saturday lunchtime, and the place was full but surprisingly quiet and I was not sure why the diners were not talking to each other. After being given my menu I waited 10 minutes before the waitress returned and ordered the lunch time pasta course and the meat and fish lunch time course. The courses included a glass of wine or a soft drink and I ordered white wine and grapefruit juice.

It took another 10 minutes for my drink to arrive which made me start to doubt the quality of service. I began to look around and realized that many people appeared to be tired of waiting which would explain why the place was so quite. As the restaurant is small there were only about 7 or 8 diners in total so you would think that the service would be quicker.


Twenty minutes after ordering I was served my ‘hors d’oeuvres’ which was uncured ham with balsamic dressing, scallop mousse and marinated salmon. The presentation and colours were good and looked fresh but the salmon tasted a bit too fishy, the oil was a little too oily and the scallop mousse didn’t taste very nice so I didn’t eat very much of it.













The next course was spicy roast chicken with cheese which was very tender and delicious so I ate it all.

















The next dish was mimosa flavored shrimp pasta. The sauce was oil based and similar to a cream based sauce so it was a little too rich and I couldn’t eat it all. Dessert was tiramisu, cream brule and peach tart which were presented beautifully on a plate decorated with small red flowers.















The cream brule was similar to a caramel pudding and tasted good, the tiramisu was very rich with a strong cheese flavor and the peach tart tasted like the cream brule.

I went to Ventuno with fairly high expectations but was disappointed and I think it was because of poor execution in terms of the service and attention to detail in some of the dishes.











written by





Ventuno
Address:31-12, Yoshida-cho, Numazu
Tel:+81-55-932-5535
http://www.at-s.com/BIN/GURU/GURU0040.asp?yid=F870028241
Budget:Lunch 2,000 yen Dinner 3,000 yen
Open:Weekday:11:30am~3:00pm、5:30pm~9:00pm
Closed:Mon.
Overall evaluation:
Taste:
Atmosphere:
Service:
Value for money:

Please see a page here about detailed information on WIREDiCON.

No comments: