Monday, August 18, 2008

Unashige -eel@Shimizu-cho- Izu Gourmet Guide

Unashige is one of the 3 famous eel restaurants in Mishima.
The carpark was full of high class expensive cars which was an indication of the type of people who eat at this restaurant.

‘Shirayaki’ goes particularly well with rice wine so I recommend you try them together.


The main dish was ‘unajyu’ and the sauce smelled so rich and delicious that it made me very hungry indeed. Compared to the other famous eel restaurant Sakuraya Unashige’s sauce is much richer and made we eat my eel very quickly with a smile on my face.


Next I ate ishiyaki bibinba in three ways. First just with rice, then with tororo (grated yamaimo) and finally with green tea. They all tasted good but the first and most simple was the best.

Eating eel always maker we feel good and healthy although it also makes we persipire which my friend said is a sign of getting old. Whether It’s true that I’m getting old or not I think that the eel at Unashige is the best in Mishima and I strongly recommend that you try it for yourself.

written by





Unashige
Address:239-3, Fushimi, Shimizu-cho, Shizuoka
Tel:+81-55-975-6879
http://www.unasige.com/
Budget:3,000 yen
Open:Weekday:11:00am~2:30pm,4:00pm~9:00pm,Weekend:11:00am~8:30pm
Closed:Mon.
Overall evaluation:
Taste:
Atmosphere:
Service:
Value for money:

Please see a page here about detailed information on WIREDiCON.

No comments: